The following list reflects the type of items we need to pack in each backpack.
If you have something you would like to donate which is not on this list, please let us know! We are always looking for new ideas!
- chap stick
- wash cloth
- mouthwash (alcohol-free)
- hair brushes (compact)
- individual packets of laundry soap
- facial tissues (individual packs)
- anti-bacterial wipes
- disposable razors
- cotton socks - men and women
- cotton socks - children
- men's & women's t-shirts
- children's t-shirts
- warm scarves/knit hats
- bottled water
- fruit juice/Gatorade
- food items - healthy and individually wrapped (some examples might be cheese & crackers, tuna kits, beef jerky, pull-top canned fruit or vegetables, fruit snacks, cookies)
- first class postage stamps
- coloring or activity books
- small stuffed animals (soft, appropriate for both girls and boys)
- small, safe toys (no weapons or toys of violence)
- small pillows
- hand warmers for cold weather
- bandana coolers for hot weather
- Gallon size zip lock bags
- Quart size zip lock bags
We use these bags to pack items such as soap and toothbrushes. This way, the items can be kept and re-used.
Hope Mill, Inc.
16133 Ventura Blvd., Suite 650 • Encino • CA • 91436
818 • 201 • 9464
818 • 528 • 2036 fax